- How do I cancel or change an order?
- To cancel or change your order, please contact Customer Care at (03) 9582 5582. Because orders are often shipped the same day they are placed we cannot guarantee that cancellations sent by email will be received in time to stop your shipment.
- What is your Return Policy?
- If you are not 100% satisfied with the New Balance gear you purchase from this website, we'll provide hassle-free refunds within thirty (30) days of your purchase, guaranteed. It's that simple. For additional information on our commitment to providing you with the best products, you can review our Return Policy.
- How do I return an item?
- For items purchased through this website, call Customer Care at (03) 9582 5582 or email us to obtain a Return Authorisation Number. Then, head to returns.auspost.com.au/new-balance-australia-pty-ltd, fill in the blanks and print out your return label. New Balance cannot process items returned without a legible Return Authorisation Number. Once you've securely attached the label drop off your item at your local post office. For more details, review our Return Policy.
- How do I get a receipt?
- You can print a receipt for your records anytime by logging in to your account.
- Where can I get a return label?
- You can create one yourself at returns.auspost.com.au/new-balance-australia-pty-ltd.
Please ensure you contact Customer Care for your Return Authorisation number prior to sending your items back.
- How long will it take to receive my order?
- It takes approximately 3-5 business days for an in-stock item to reach you. If you have any questions or concerns about your order status, please contact our Customer Care Department at (03) 9582 5582.
- How will my item(s) ship?
- Items are shipped via Startrack and typically arrive within 3-5 business days. During busy sale periods this may be extended.
- Where is my order?
- On average, it takes approximately 3-5 business days for an in-stock item to reach you. During busy sale periods this may be extended.
If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact our Customer Care Department at (03) 9582 5582 and an expert will be happy to help you.
- I received part of my order, where is the rest?
- From time to time some items in your order may ship separately. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please contact our Customer Care Department at (03) 9582 5582 and an expert will be happy to help you.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- New Balance is proud to accept Visa and MasterCard.
- Can I order if I don’t live in Australia?
- New Balance is unable to fulfill orders shipped outside of Australia. For your convenience, you can visit our other online stores in the following countries for all of your New Balance needs:
- Do you price match?
- We cannot price match the offers of our independent retailers. However, we do offer the largest available selection of New Balance shoes and apparel, as well as a 30-day no-hassle Return Policy with Free Returns.
- Do I need to set up an account to order online?
- Setting up an account is completely optional. If you would prefer not to, simply check out as a "New Customer or Guest".
- I forgot my password, what should I do?
- Visit the account login page to start the password reset process. You should receive an email from us within several minutes. If you do not, check your spam or junk mail folder or verify that there is an account associated with that email address. Note: Your account could be locked out if you have had too many incorrect log-in attempts. If this occurs, then please wait at least two hours before attempting the reset process again. You do not have to set up an account to place an order on our site.
- Will you rent my name and contact information to other companies?
- At New Balance, we value your privacy. We do not sell your contact information to other companies. You can feel safe entering your contact information on our website. Please review our Privacy Notice for more information.
- How do I know your site is safe?
- New Balance takes credit card information security seriously. To ensure the information you provide online is secure during transmission, we employ leading edge encryption technology and Secure Socket Layers (SSL) while processing any personal information you supply. These controls are certified by VeriSign®, a leading Internet security company.
- Do you have a particular shoe in stock?
- New Balance offers the widest selection of New Balance shoes available anywhere, but typically focuses on premier and popular styles in each category. Our site lists all available styles and sizes. If your size isn't listed, it's currently not in stock.
- Why do you update your styles?
- Sometimes new "updated" shoe models have new technology added to enhance the performance of the shoe. For other shoe models, there may simply be a small variation from the previous shoe model, for example, new color, style or new midsole material. When we make a change it is designed to benefit you. We only release the new model after significant planning, followed by extensive wear-testing.
- What do the style numbers mean?
- The style number is simply the name of the shoe. Typically our shoes that are "higher-numbered" feature more technologies, however, that is not true in all shoe styles. When deciding on a particular shoe, you should consider the activity you will be participating in and your individual needs. Consult our Customer Care experts for assistance.
- How do I find stores near me?
- Use our Store Locator to find a New Balance store in your area.
- What is the best shoe for Plantar Fasciitis?
- If you suffer from Plantar Fasciitis, typically you will want to consider shoes that offer a high degree of stability and that keep your heel and arch area in a neutral, supported position. This will help your plantar fascia to heal over time. Look for shoes containing our ROLLBAR® motion control technology or shoes with features like our Stabilicore® TS2® system or a medial post for gait support.
- What is overpronation or underpronation?
- Overpronation occurs when your foot exhibits too much inward motion during your running or walking gait. Underpronation, also known as supination, occurs if you don't have enough inward motion during your gait. Either condition can cause foot health problems over time, but we offer a broad line of shoes designed to help correct your gait.
- I stand all day at work. What should I look for?
- You'll want to choose a shoe that provide a solid platform and good shock absorption. Sometimes it may seem logical to choose a shoe that is as cushioned as possible, but think of standing on sand at the beach. The sand feels soft, but will fatigue your feet over time. So, if you are on your feet the majority of the day, then a supportive platform is necessary. Shoes containing our N-ERGY® shock absorption can help.
- My shoes squeak. What can I do?
- We make our shoes with removable inserts. Sometimes air or moisture can get trapped between the insert and the rest of the shoe and cause a squeak, or the way an orthotic fits can cause friction and therefore noise. A common fix that often works is to sprinkle some baby powder down into the shoe. Squeaking is common if you wear your own orthotics, so try baby powder or even a folded paper towel or dryer sheet, and you should notice an immediate difference. Contact us if you still have trouble.
- How do I clean my shoes?
- The suggested cleaning method for New Balance shoes is to use a light bristle brush (old tooth brush) and a light detergent (dish washing or laundry). Scrub the shoes with the brush and use a damp cloth to wipe clean. You can also immerse them in water. Allow shoes to air dry thoroughly for about twenty-four hours. If purchasing a cleaning product, be sure that it is silicon-based to prevent any possible damage to the footwear. Putting shoes through a washing machine cycle is NOT recommended. **Note that if you have suede shoes or leather shoes you would need to use a suede or leather cleaner. Follow the instructions on the brand of cleaner you are using to clean your shoes.
- Where can I get more information on using my RunIQ?
- You can find a more comprehensive overview of RunIQ here. For regulatory information, please see this document.
- What is a shoe last?
- A shoe last is the 360° model upon which a shoe is constructed. Combined with size and width, the shoe last helps you achieve the best overall fit for your feet. View our shoe last chart for additional details.
- How do I know which size or width to order?
- The best way to determine size is to simply check the size of your shoes which fit the best. We list helpful sizing tips on our site too, or feel free to contact us.
- Why don't you make this shoe in my size or width?
- Though New Balance is known for producing the most extensive range of sizes and widths, we're unable to make every style in every size/width combination. We strive to provide options for everyone, so contact us if you would like some help.
- Did you change your sizes? My usual size did not fit!
- It's frustrating when you purchase a new shoe that doesn't fit, but we can help you identify the reasons behind the difficulty. First, keep in mind that we make shoes on multiple shoe lasts and the shoe last used during construction affects the overall fit and feel of the shoe. A shoe made on the SL-1 shoe last will feel different than shoes made on the SL-2. Plus, sometimes after wearing a shoe for a long time and our feet become used to it, even if there is barely any cushioning or support left. As a result, new shoes with fresh cushioning and support can feel different. There could also be slight differences resulting from the hands-on nature of shoe manufacturing and the materials used. Another factor to consider is that feet do change over time, so it's a good idea to have them professionally measured to rule out a possible size change.
Placing an Order
Finding the Right Fit
Need to contact us?
Email Customer Care or call (03) 9582 5582
Mon - Fri: 9 AM - 5 PM (AEST)
Closed Saturday & Sunday
Closed Public Holidays (Victoria)
Due to higher than expected volumes, we are currently experiencing delays but please be assured that our Customer Care team are working as hard as ever to respond to your enquires as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience.